mzawf.org • View topic - Pub review
Login

• Advertisement

Pub review

Food for thought? Favourite recipes
Healthy eating
Money saving tips.
Forum rules
Anything food ? Share your favourite recipe with other mzawf members. Share advice on money saving when making food purchases.
Advice on healthy eating and ways to maintain an optimum weight for a healthy and active life - whatever !
As this is an open forum and can be viewed by any user on the WWW you are sharing too the world.
Happy days !
  • Author
Pub review

Postby Amethyst » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:17 pm

Review of the dukes head Copthorne.

On Friday I visited the dukes head pub formally a family restaurant now trying to be a trendy eatery.

First bonus was I was able to book online with relative ease and turned up at my booked time and was seated straight away.

The restaurant is nicely decorated but I have found on several occasions that as a couple you will be seated very close to other tables so they can listen to your conversation :-)

For starter I ordered a Greek mezze - olives feta and breads with houmous etc. I found this nice but not very morish probably wouldn't order again.

For main I ordered lamb rack with minted potatoes and a roasted pepper - which with out over exaggerating was absolutely delicious and worth the pricey amount of £15!

By now I was full but overall fully enjoyed the meal! The staff are nice and don't rush you and the wine is also a winner. I would say try to go there once just to try it out but be prepared to have bit of a dent in your wallet afterwards.

Have you been anyway recently that you can review?
Amethyst

Have thanks: 96 times

Advertisement

Re: Pub review

Postby fisherman » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:28 pm

I went to Heathy Farm recently on the balcome road.

I booked a table for 6 which was easy considering it was quite last minute. I had heard mixed reviews about this pub but tried to go with an open mind.

The pub itself has nice decor and a relaxed atomsphere and it was fairly quite on Sunday. They also offer a cavery which smelled good and looked very nice.

We were seated in the back of the pub and pretty much had a room to ourselves so could be as noisy as we liked (lots chatting and teasing as it was a family catch up).

The menu has a variety of dishes - the usual you would expect from a pub and reasonably priced.

I didnt have a starter as i feel these were a bit limited (only 5) and all featured ingredients that i didnt like but i did sample some of the tear and share bread which was very nice!

For main i had the old classic stirloin steak with chips and peppercorn sauce. It was ok... not the best steak i have ever had not the worst. It was also included chips mushrooms onion rings and grilled tomatoes so plenty to feel me up. The others has burgers and a curry which all received good reviews.

Like the pig i am i had desert as i hadnt had a starter :P a trio of hot desserts. This consisted of Sticky toffee sponge, Lemon Sponge and Jam Rolypoly which cream on the side! It was very nice and sickly sweet but to be honest i think they were those microwave puddings that come in a tin! Worth it for a pudding fix though!

All in all i think its worth a visit for reasonably priced family meal - food isnt amazing but you will leave feeling happy and
full :P
fisherman

Have thanks: 5 times

Return to mzawf-Anything Food