mzawf.org • View topic - Baked carp
Login

• Advertisement

Baked carp

Food for thought? Favourite recipes
Healthy eating
Money saving tips.
Forum rules
Anything food ? Share your favourite recipe with other mzawf members. Share advice on money saving when making food purchases.
Advice on healthy eating and ways to maintain an optimum weight for a healthy and active life - whatever !
As this is an open forum and can be viewed by any user on the WWW you are sharing too the world.
Happy days !
  • Author
Baked carp

Postby Djody Pieter » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:01 pm

I got invited to dinner by a Polish girl I know
She served me baked carp.
After getting over the initial surprise to the fact its a popular fish to eat back home in Poland.
Considering I do a bit of occasional carp fishing.
I pointed out to Kashia that in England we catch carp for no other reason than sport, and put them back after.
Something she found highly amusing.
Anyway we ate baked carp some sort of bread and cabbage and green beans with gravy
It wasn't bad in fact after a couple of vodka shots it got better.
Below is my interpretation of the recipe of Baked Carp

Remove head and open the fish from the gills downward and remove the guts & intestines through the opening.
Wash the flesh with vinegar and let it stand for fifteen minutes.
Fill the fish with a bread stuffing, and sew firmly together. Brush the fish all over with an egg; cover it thickly with bread crumbs and a few lumps of butter.
For the sauce chop 2 onions and a load of parsley
Put this into a pan, along with a cup of water infused with 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce heat gently.
Bake fish for an hour in a moderate oven, basting occasionally with juices.
When the fish is cooked, place it on a heated platter and garnish with slices of lemon.
Add fish juices to the sauce and simmer in pan with a tablespoonful of flour rubbed into a lump of butter.
Cook for a slowly till it thickens, add the juice of a lemon, and pepper and salt to taste.
Djody Pieter
Support
Support

Have thanks: 30 times

Advertisement

Return to mzawf-Anything Food