• View topic - Breakfast at the Tavern on the Green
Login

• Advertisement

Breakfast at the Tavern on the Green

:hungry
The Best Full English and Great Days Out !
Ruby Murray...Top Curries!
Forum rules
The Great Full English Breakfast has transgressed our shoreline and is as famous now globally as is the sandwich.
In The Best Full English forum write and tell other members about where you have enjoyed a good hearty English breakfast.
Maybe it was in Arenal Espania or in the heart of the Sussex countryside.
From the transport cafe to the posh eatery in Windsor your guaranteed to find a cafe providing an all-day breakfast.
Maybe you were en route to have a leisurely day out possibly off to the funfair...
Maybe it was a boating trip on the canals of The Norfolk Broads.
Whatever.
Write it in the best Full English and Great days Out forum and share with like minded people.
:yum
  • Author
Breakfast at the Tavern on the Green

Postby steveizy » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:12 pm

We thought that we would try this as the Black Dog has stopped doing them :(

After a wait that seemed like an eternity :hungry the standard breakfast (there are no variations) of toast, jumbo sausage cut in half, bacon, egg, beans, mushrooms and grilled tomato was delivered to the table.

It looked better than it tasted!

The beans were hard and I'm convinced that they had added extra sugar - I've never had beans so sweet :no
The mushrooms were awful, cold and obviously from a tin. The bacon was not too bad but very undercooked. The sausage was revolting and seemed to consist of cereal with little or no meat content. This ranks as the worst sausage I have ever tasted - anywhere. The tomato was cremated on the skin side instead of grilled.

The one fried egg and the toast were OK and the coffee weak but drinkable.

For £5.95, this was poor value indeed :itellyou needless to say we won't be going back!

Not recommended - score 2/10 :puke :thumbsdown
steveizy
Admin
Admin

Cash on hand: 679,700.00
Bank: 6,620,696.50
Have thanks: 431 times
Highscores: 2

Advertisement

Re: Breakfast at the Tavern on the Green

Postby goodtimesdisco » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:35 pm

:read sounds bad :indifferent true to mzawf I wil have 2 visit the Tavern 4 a second opinion :joker
goodtimesdisco
mzawfer
mzawfer

Cash on hand: -2,970.00
Bank: 10.00
Have thanks: 106 times

Re: Breakfast at the Tavern on the Green

Postby steveizy » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:13 pm

Big Al wrote::read sounds bad :indifferent true to mzawf I wil have 2 visit the Tavern 4 a second opinion :joker

Rather you than me Big Al... maybe take a sample of sausage home for analysis of meat content :geek:

This was seriously disappointing. Next to TJ Hughes this rates, so far, as the worst breakfast available in town. At least with TJ's, you can see what you are getting. We paid and waited and waited for ages to be served this horrible plate of cheap ingredients.

But each to their own - you may like it :shock: but don't say you weren't warned if you don't :neernerneener
steveizy
Admin
Admin

Cash on hand: 679,700.00
Bank: 6,620,696.50
Have thanks: 431 times
Highscores: 2

Return to Anything Food