• View topic - Breakfast at the Pelham Buckle
Login

• Advertisement

Breakfast at the Pelham Buckle

:hungry
The Best Full English and Great Days Out !
Ruby Murray...Top Curries!
Forum rules
The Great Full English Breakfast has transgressed our shoreline and is as famous now globally as is the sandwich.
In The Best Full English forum write and tell other members about where you have enjoyed a good hearty English breakfast.
Maybe it was in Arenal Espania or in the heart of the Sussex countryside.
From the transport cafe to the posh eatery in Windsor your guaranteed to find a cafe providing an all-day breakfast.
Maybe you were en route to have a leisurely day out possibly off to the funfair...
Maybe it was a boating trip on the canals of The Norfolk Broads.
Whatever.
Write it in the best Full English and Great days Out forum and share with like minded people.
:yum
  • Author
Breakfast at the Pelham Buckle

Postby steveizy » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:18 pm

After the disappointment we had at the Tavern and with the Black Dog not doing breakfasts any more we thought we would try the Pelham.

It was excellent :banana Friendly staff, quite a few other customers there as well - which is a recommendation in itself :thumbsup

Quite impressed with the industrial conveyor toaster for customers to make their own unlimited amount of piping hot toast in a few seconds from a choice of breads. So much so that I just had to go back for seconds to have another play ;)

The breakfast was great. Maybe the sausage could have been better, but I am a bit fussy about my sausages as readers might gather, everything else was top-notch and beautifully cooked.

If the Broadfield Cafe is the benchmark with 10/10, this ranks close behind, maybe 9.5. Highly recommended :yum :yum :yum
steveizy
Admin
Admin

Cash on hand: 679,700.00
Bank: 6,620,696.50
Have thanks: 431 times
Highscores: 2

Advertisement

Re: Breakfast at the Pelham Buckle

Postby Luma » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:32 am

Sounds like a feast was had :thumbsup Good to read your post as is with fact that mzawf is working again and I'm looking forward to your blog on the red devils coming season :thumbsup When does the action get under way?
Luma
mzawfer
mzawfer

Cash on hand: 1,112.00
Have thanks: 60 times

Postby Nevis » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:27 pm

Sounds like we may have to go there! I could just do with a good old fry up just now. Good recommendation. :yum :-D :scarf
Nevis
Admin
Admin

Cash on hand: 2,022.00
Bank: 4,650,654.62
Have thanks: 504 times
Highscores: 20
Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby goodtimesdisco » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:11 am

Breakfast at the Cabin Cafe formally the Juggernaut a264 faygate roundabout. I opted for a Scania brekkie, the healthy level breakfast. The menu wasn't numbered but named after trucks.
The food was tasty hot and served its purpose came with bread and butter and a nice cup of Rosie lea :thumbsup
goodtimesdisco
mzawfer
mzawfer

Cash on hand: -2,970.00
Bank: 10.00
Have thanks: 106 times

Postby steveizy » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:31 pm

Big Al wrote:Breakfast at the Cabin Cafe formally the Juggernaut a264 faygate roundabout. I opted for a Scania brekkie, the healthy level breakfast. The menu wasn't numbered but named after trucks.
The food was tasty hot and served its purpose came with bread and butter and a nice cup of Rosie lea :thumbsup

Thanks for reminding me about The Juggernaut. I had completely overlooked this old haunt until your post - although I used to go there occasionally about 20 years ago :shock:

I'm/ we are on a bit of a health kick at the moment, trying to lose a few pounds. I stopped beer for five days and gained 9 pounds which isn't very encouraging :scratch

The Juggernaut, sorry Cabin Cafe will be ideal for our next "cheat day", maybe for a birthday treat :yum

I will report our findings, including detailed sausage analysis, very, very, soon hopefully :hungry
steveizy
Admin
Admin

Cash on hand: 679,700.00
Bank: 6,620,696.50
Have thanks: 431 times
Highscores: 2

Return to Anything Food