• View topic - Breakfast at Charlies Deli
Login

• Advertisement

Breakfast at Charlies Deli

:hungry
The Best Full English and Great Days Out !
Ruby Murray...Top Curries!
Forum rules
The Great Full English Breakfast has transgressed our shoreline and is as famous now globally as is the sandwich.
In The Best Full English forum write and tell other members about where you have enjoyed a good hearty English breakfast.
Maybe it was in Arenal Espania or in the heart of the Sussex countryside.
From the transport cafe to the posh eatery in Windsor your guaranteed to find a cafe providing an all-day breakfast.
Maybe you were en route to have a leisurely day out possibly off to the funfair...
Maybe it was a boating trip on the canals of The Norfolk Broads.
Whatever.
Write it in the best Full English and Great days Out forum and share with like minded people.
:yum
  • Author
Breakfast at Charlies Deli

Postby dub » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:50 pm

Today we went out for Breakfast and ended up at Charlies Deli located on the Gatwick road in Crawley :yes
Both myself and the Mrs opted for the biggest breakfast, this consisted of 2 fried eggs 2 sausage 2 hash browns 2 bacon beans half a grilled tomato and a large mushroom plus 2 rounds of toast. To drink we both ordered freshly brewed coffee.
This eatery has a bright and airy ambience and a friendly atmosphere with ample seating both inside and out (if you fancy eating alfresco).
When the food arrived it had been nicely presented and hot.
I particularly enjoyed the hash browns which had a freshly prepared taste, the bacon and sausages were enjoyable as well.
I was somewhat disappointed with the fried eggs which were to over cooked for my liking ( I like the American way where you are asked how you like your eggs e.g. either sunny side up/down soft or hard) and is down to taste. Although the Mrs eggs were to her satisfaction and cooked to her liking plus the sausage and bacon were not up to her liking. ( which only goes to prove how difficult it is to please everyone)
A negative was the lonesome mushroom and the half a grilled tomato, which looked lost on the plate :hungry
All in all though we came out full-up and satisfied with our experience and will return to Charlies Deli again to sample more of the menu on offer :yum
We have awarded them a 6 out of ten mzawf rating :applause

For this message the author dub has received thanks:
steveizy
Rating: 11.11%
dub
mzawfer
mzawfer

Cash on hand: 72,980.83
Bank: 4,078,754.00
Have thanks: 368 times
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (7)

Advertisement

Re: Breakfast at Charlies Deli

Postby steveizy » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:52 pm

dub wrote:Today we went out for Breakfast and ended up at Charlies Deli located on the Gatwick road in Crawley :yes
We both opted for the biggest breakfast, this consisted of 2 fried eggs 2 sausage 2 hash browns 2 bacon beans half a grilled tomato and a large mushroom plus 2 rounds of toast. To drink we ordered freshly brewed coffee.
This eatery has a bright and airy ambience and a friendly atmosphere with ample seating both inside and out (if you fancy eating alfresco).
When the food arrived it had been nicely presented and piping hot.
I particularly enjoyed the hash browns which had a freshly prepared taste, the bacon and sausages were tasty.
I was somewhat disappointed with the fried eggs which were to over cooked for my liking ( I like the American way where you are asked how you like your eggs e.g. either sunny side up/down soft or hard) . The Mrs said her eggs were to her satisfaction and cooked to her liking plus the sausage and bacon were not up to her liking. ( which only goes to prove how difficult it is to please everyone)
A negative for me was the lonesome mushroom and the half a grilled tomato, which looked lost on the plate :hungry
All in all though we came out full-up and satisfied with our experience and will return to Charlies Deli again to sample more of the menu on offer :yum
We have awarded them a 6 out of ten mzawf rating :applause

Thanks for that.... another one to try :hungry

I must have gone past that place dozens of times recently but never knew it was there :scratch
steveizy
Admin
Admin

Cash on hand: 679,740.00
Bank: 6,535,830.50
Have thanks: 430 times
Highscores: 2

Return to Anything Food