General Stuff !
Make a Post on the Bulletin Board
click to blog >>> blog.php
Forum rules
Join mzawf :-)
  • Author
Argos scam phishing text

Postby smug » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:39 pm

Be Aware I recently received a text purportedly fom Argos ' You have apayment of GBP246. Request payment and allow 3 days for it to appear in your account' along with a html link to click [Panic_.gif] I rang Argos customer services who told me that they would send a letter reference a refund and not by text. They also said that they are aware of this type of phishing material and it shouldn't be acted upon :indifferent Luckily u have me smug :-D Argos should make bigger effort to inform the public I opened a private browser on my laptop and manually typed the link given in the text and on return it took me to the Argos web site https secure and legit :scratch I suspect that the link in the text has a sub-link that will load the fake site.
More on that later... :scratc

For this message the author smug has received thanks:
dub
smug
Support
Support

Have thanks: 129 times
Highscores: 1

Advertisement

Argos scam phishing text

Postby smug » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:25 pm

I must be flavour of the month today's phishing scam is ...' Tesco's February Draw results are out. Your Shopper ID (TSCO3852) came 3rd in our list. Confirm details: ....://3nx.us/35bdia.
SCAm Scam SCam jokers :rotfl

For this message the author smug has received thanks:
dub
smug
Support
Support

Have thanks: 129 times
Highscores: 1

scam phishing

Postby wangiri » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:02 pm

I noticed on occasion that my mobile rings a couple of times and then stops and last time I had a missed call from Burudi and without knowingly having any m8 s from the region.
The wangiri scam ("Wangiri" is Japanese for "one ring and drop.") The scam works like this: A scammer places a robocall to a number and hangs up after one or two rings. They may call back several times. The idea is to get the caller to call the number back. When they do, the caller is prompted to pay long distance fees to connect the call, fees that are usually paid in part to the scammer. plus to make things worse the origin of the caller can be masked with spoofing software thereby appearing as a local call. "Do not call back numbers you do not recognise, especially those appearing to originate overseas," This scam is on the rise in the U.K in the U.S this scam has defrauded billions of dollars from the unsuspecting adding charges to phone bills. Some have even reported being billed for calls that are several hours long, although they had hung up much sooner than this. My phone policy is if you call my number and you're not in my address book, leave a message or take a walk! Stay safe it's the wild west gone global albeit originated allegedly in Japan :earth

Last bumped by smug on Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:02 pm.
wangiri

Return to mzawf >>>click Bulletin Board