mzawf.org • View topic - We all need a place of Peace!
Login

• Advertisement

We all need a place of Peace!

General Stuff !
Make a Post on the Bulletin Board
click to blog >>> blog.php
Forum rules
Join mzawf :-)
  • Author
We all need a place of Peace!

Postby ArthurBrown » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:28 pm

In New Zealand, last week, a place of worship became a shooting ground, fifty people shot down with automatic weapons. I feel it’s vital that we stand together and look to togetherness, at this grim and difficult time. The creation of fear is easy. So, I think we all need to show solidarity, by offering a smile to people who live in fear, they can be Muslims, disabled people, Jewish people... It doesn’t matter we must stand up against divisions. So I sent an e-mail to the Muslims in New Zealand and the response says it all- have a read.
Muslims in New Zealand (18 March 2019)
Good morning Arthur,
Thanks for your kind words. We are really amazed and overwhelmed from the number of messages of support.
Best thing we can do is to stand up against racism, hatred and Islamophobia.
We need to raise awareness among our family and friends and educate our children to be tolerant to people who are different than us.
Live peacefully and let others live in peace. We should not let hate defeat the love that we have for, our brothers and sisters.
God Bless.

For this message the author ArthurBrown has received thanks: 2
dub, mzawf
ArthurBrown

Have thanks: 39 times

Advertisement

Developers accused of 'segregating' children's play-area

Postby smartase » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:41 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47707838

Dinah Bornat, an architect and expert on child-friendly design who advises planners and local authorities, told BBC Radio London: "I think it's really, really sad.
One resident said the segregation between Wren Mews and Baylis Old School children "made her cry"
Lambeth Council's cabinet member for planning Matthew Bennett said the "current segregated arrangement" was "completely unacceptable" and not in the original planning application.
He said access to the playground had been been "changed by the management company" and the council had written to Henley Homes "as a matter of urgency".

'Henley Homes'...
Henley is an efficient, progressive and design-led property development company, with a reputation for creating outstanding and award-winning homes, in and around the capital :yes
Incorporated in February 1999, we have since become well recognised for our attention to quality and detail :no as well as our focused approach to customer care :joker
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47707838
smartase

if it appears fake, likely is but not always...

Postby boggling » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:55 pm

[partyanimal.gif]
Chilling at home Sunday 31 6: 28 pm
I received two consecutive text messages :director ‘We need to check some recent activity 1) On your account/card. The next messages we send will come from 447860015199 and need a response to confirm the activity. Minutes later another text’
2) mY Bank: :director Your card was used on 31-03-2019 18:25:48, at Next Directory for £141.50. Reply Y if these transaction(s) are yours or N if you don’t recognise some or all of them. Alternatively, you can confirm by calling us on 0800... or by entering the following three digit pin:...

Noting my card had been used time minus 3 minute ago and I’m chugging a beer watching a film,coupled with my dislike for scammers and suchlike grrr.gif Initial thoughts :scratch another scam :wub Logging into online banking and not seeing anything that looked dodgy :no At that same moment the landline started ringing, when I answered the call an automated voice recited the narrative of message two grrr.gif [sleepy1.gif]
I checked back to my online banking early the following day and still no sign of any rouge transactions and while still getting the feeling that I was a target of a scam :scratc This notion of my mobile number my bank connection played on my mind :firey so I rang my bank using the number on the reverse of my bank card to be told that yes (my bank) texted me and my card had been cloned.
Being savvy to the sophistication of online scammers :joker I’m thinking, how am I sure I’m even talking to my bank ( my phone might have been hijacked with a redirect)
As it turns out all was legit re my bank who saved me £250 of possibly hard earned funds.
Mind-bowing technology, three Minutes from fraud to notification
' source times mar 30 Dominic Kennedy Investigations Editor
[quote] 'How Grandee of banking fell prey to web fraudsters'...A gang of online scammers has stolen tens of thousands of pounds from the bank accounts of a retired executive director of the Bank of England. Anthony Loehnis described the trick in which the fraudsters posed as BT staff protecting his computer, as “mental colonisation”. For four days the team tried to keep him cut off from the outside world by occupying his landline and instructing him to say way from his computer, mobile and tablet while bogus firewall program was downloaded.... www thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/how-grandee-of-banking-anthony-loehnis-fell-prey-to-web-fraudsters-. [/quote]

With Thousands of cases regularly occurring; the Brexit deception, Impersonators, CEO fraud, Malicious redirection, Advance fee scam, Romance ruse stealing millions’ and as it seem if there is an ‘angle’ somebody is looking to exploit it.
Preying on our older brothers and sisters, Tech support scams, investment scams, pension scams, phone, text and email scams.
Even you’re altruistic money appears as fair game in these seedy affairs from the street to the desktop your mobile device all which make a pathway into your personal space.
Technology is moving fast! How did my bank identify a fraud on my account minutes after it occurred, its mind boggling? And in my case, two fraudulent purchases: Next Directory, Wilko?? Oddly, I made a purchase the week previous on Amazon Prime a service I almost never use. But our banks will pick up on any non uniform behaviour, or so it seems...
Aiming to protect our money Fraud epidemic costs the UK £110 billion – and £3.2 trillion globally – Globally
Evil Prevails when good people Do Nothing! Fraud epidemic costs the UK £110 billion – and £3.2 trillion globally – Global

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:55 pm.
boggling

Return to mzawf >>>click Bulletin Board