Make a Post on the Bulletin Board
click to blog >>> blog.php
Forum rules
Join mzawf :-)
  • Author
telemarketing scam

Postby smug » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:14 pm

If 08000521251 has called its very likely telemarketing scam! [pottytrain5.gif
I had multiple missed calls from 0800 052 1251 no message stating their business [smiliefurious.gif] :director Take A Hike!
Falling victim to a scam can have a huge emotional impact as well as possible severe financial implications. It is vitally important that older people are aware of the type of phone scams, and know what to do to protect themselves. If in doubt check it out or leave it out :punch Reporting scams attempts, is hugely helpful in trying to catch the fraudsters and helps others to avoid them [2thumbup.gif]
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0208-phone-scams
https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/repor ... yber-crime

For this message the author smug has received thanks: 2
dub, mzawf
smug
Support
Support

Have thanks: 129 times
Highscores: 1

Advertisement

telemarketing scam

Postby smug » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:45 pm

0345 0020 0192 dodgy number debt collection agency connected to EE and without me having any dealings there more of the same [Panic_.gif] loads of financial dodgy phone scams on the go and with the covid crises keeping many peoples at home with additional financial situations to deal with KICK EXPLOIT me WHEN I don't need it predators without feeling or mercy AI IOT [pottytrain5.gif
Noting that in debt ridden financial mayhem icon_paper.gif never ignore personal debt [sleepy1.gif] if I haven't got it I can't pay [surrender.gif] always offer something u can afford keeping the wolf [partyanimal.gif] from ur door...
snack.gif

smug wrote:If 08000521251 has called its very likely telemarketing scam! [pottytrain5.gif
I had multiple missed calls from 0800 052 1251 no message stating their business [smiliefurious.gif] :director Take A Hike!
Falling victim to a scam can have a huge emotional impact as well as possible severe financial implications. It is vitally important that older people are aware of the type of phone scams, and know what to do to protect themselves. If in doubt check it out or leave it out :punch Reporting scams attempts, is hugely helpful in trying to catch the fraudsters and helps others to avoid them [2thumbup.gif]
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0208-phone-scams
https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/repor ... yber-crime

dub, mzawf
smug
Support
Support

B on ur guard

Postby smug » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:36 pm

[smiliefurious.gif] Royal mail text doing the rounds stating that a parcel has £1.99 delivery fee to be paid [sleepy1.gif] failure will result in package being returned to sender [pottytrain5.gif clicking the link provided takes user to a spoofed site and if the user plays and follows instructions. Banking data and possibly more might get stolen [Panic_.gif] sophisticated scam which employs a followup phone call in an attempt to extract data and to give an additional layer of legitmacy to the scam grrr.gif
(noting ) Just checked the link in the text and its been disabled but as with all things scamming it could be back in another shape or form internet scams are on the increase be on your guard :punch
Stay safe [Freedom_msn.uk.gif]

dub, mzawf
smug
Support
Support

goodies in the post-yow!

Postby smug » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:23 pm

Seemingly and currently as being popular [2thumbup.gif] gifts goodies parcels for collection :celebrate :confused ‘sms...spoofed brand name... Sorry we missed you. Our driver will be redelivering tomorrow. Please reschedule and cover the £1.45 service fee here ...parcelshippingfee.com’ Parcels at the fake alert...Royal Mail waiting 4 collection [pottytrain5.gif a more sinister attack from ‘anon’ 2nd attempt to contact you. Your item (AA3/65G180S) is ready to be collected: htt blurb/f.d3pi.com snack.gif /RAAOh Your rank 3rd on 13/11, good job hide.gif
Clearly ‘Tis the season of goodwill’ :xmas
Stay safe [Freedom_msn.uk.gif]

For this message the author smug has received thanks:
dub
smug
Support
Support

Return to mzawf >>>click Bulletin Board