mzawf.org • View topic - Scam Warning
Login

• Advertisement

Scam Warning

This forum gives you the opportunity to share your experiences with others.
Make the ordinary extra ordinary...join the forum now
Forum rules
This forum welcomes contributions from you if you have something to share about your everyday experience, it might be something about your job or it might be about an ambition or a particular experience that stands out as a challenge, achievement, disappointment!
  • Author
Scam Warning

Postby v1nnie » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:12 pm

HERE IS A WARNING

Calls have been made claiming to be representatives of the Microsoft Coporation, the scammers are claiming that as windows user it has been have noticed that your system has a lot of problems and errors.
The scammer then attempts to get personal and pivate info

The autour of the e-mail has stated that 5 elderly customers in the past 2 weeks have been caught out by these scammers.

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY REQUESTS FOR PASSWORDS OR OTHER INFO.

Tell them to go away in any form you care to use.
v1nnie

Have thanks: 1 time

Advertisement

Re: Scam Warning

Postby steveizy » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:24 pm

dub wrote:HERE IS A WARNING

Calls have been made claiming to be representatives of the Microsoft Coporation, the scammers are claiming that as windows user it has been have noticed that your system has a lot of problems and errors.
The scammer then attempts to get personal and pivate info

The autour of the e-mail has stated that 5 elderly customers in the past 2 weeks have been caught out by these scammers.

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY REQUESTS FOR PASSWORDS OR OTHER INFO.

Tell them to go away in any form you care to use.

I know how you feel but it is best not to tell them to go away or anything else. If you respond, whilst you might not be scammed, you will "flag-up" your internet address as a live one which will be sold at a premium to spammers, so expect loads more crap :(

One way to avoid all this rubbish and to become a bit more computer savvy at the same time is to dump the expensive, virus prone, exploitable, copyright driven money sucker that is Micro$oft Windows, and try Linux. :lol:

All of my input to this site, games and posts, has come from free operating systems.

Try Linux, remove the shackles ;)
steveizy
Support
Support

Have thanks: 482 times
Highscores: 2

Postby v1nnie » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:45 pm

Hi steveizy
I am the brother of dub, i also work as a computer technician doing mainly repairs, but i had a call and have attended to computers that have been hacked.
So i sent my bro a warning that they have been hitting the south coast.

v1nnie :)
v1nnie

Postby steveizy » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:13 pm

v1nnie wrote:Hi steveizy
I am the brother of dub, i also work as a computer technician doing mainly repairs, but i had a call and have attended to computers that have been hacked.
So i sent my bro a warning that they have been hitting the south coast.

v1nnie :)

Well Hello v1nnie nice to meet you :)

Dub, as you know so well, is an excellent computer technician and as his long lost brother, you obviously share the same genetic ability.

Just as dub has done - you have been motivated to let people to know the truth about some of these terrible windows exploits that are about and I take my hat off to you - long lost bro of dub.

You are my new hero :?
steveizy
Support
Support

Postby v1nnie » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:42 pm

Cor i like this forum
Hero status already!!!!!!!!!!!
I am not long lost, just busy, to much maintenance and repairs and my other hobby sat nut.

v1nnie
v1nnie

Postby steveizy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:52 pm

v1nnie wrote:Cor i like this forum
Hero status already!!!!!!!!!!!
I am not long lost, just busy, to much maintenance and repairs and my other hobby sat nut.

v1nnie

Oh yes, we like to make our new members most welcome. You have lots and lots to contribute to this forum from letting us know about the latest terrible windoze threats and exploits, to explaining about the interesting sounding hobby of sat nutting, which obviously must float your boat in your very limited spare time.

I can see that my first feelings that you are a hero are fully justified and, therefore, I am proposing that you receive some reputation points for your two excellent and thought provoking posts. Brother dub will, doubtless, agree :D
steveizy
Support
Support

Re:sat nut ?

Postby brillo » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:11 pm

You v1nnie whats all this sat nut about all on the look out for new hobby intrests :P
brillo
mzawfer
mzawfer

Have thanks: 155 times

Return to >>>A day in a life !