mzawf.org • View topic - Squatters rights lol
Login

• Advertisement

Squatters rights lol

This forum gives you the opportunity to share your experiences with others.
Make the ordinary extra ordinary...join the forum now
Forum rules
This forum welcomes contributions from you if you have something to share about your everyday experience, it might be something about your job or it might be about an ambition or a particular experience that stands out as a challenge, achievement, disappointment!
  • Author
Re: Site Down

Postby steveizy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:52 pm

Back up now after over 24 hours :D
steveizy
Support
Support

Have thanks: 482 times
Highscores: 2

Advertisement

Re: Site Down

Postby brillo » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:04 am

Load of problems with Virgin Media and '3' customers in the UK

From roughly 6pm GMT on the evening (17/01/11) Virgin Media and '3' Mobile Broadband customers within the UK have been having load issues with all FreeForum forums.

After various "tracert" check results from different users, Virgin Media was contacted on the telephone twice.

They gave assurances that their supervisors are looking into the situation and will report back.
ff will then pass this information onto everybody at the support forums.

For now, unfortunately as it is not a problem on FreeForum's end, we're all going to have to grit our teeth and wait patiently for it to be resolved.
I'll be up bright and early on the forums to see if everything has been sorted.

Oh happy days !,
brillo
mzawfer
mzawfer

Have thanks: 155 times

Seagulls

Postby goodtimesdisco » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:10 pm

I have noticed of late, lets say the past twelve months, flocks of seagulls inland.
Is this because of a dwindling fish stock in the sea or forsome oher reason ?
I think that when they pass overhead they are heading in the direction of the local landfill site.
Which as the 'crow flies' lol at least 50 miles inland, again is this just an another example of the changing times.
Or the latter, humans over exploitation and plundering of the seas resources.
Leaving our feathered friends namely the gulls needing to head further inland to feed and survive :?
goodtimesdisco
mzawfer
mzawfer

Have thanks: 104 times

Squatters rights lol

Postby gonzo » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:18 pm

A couple I know recently tied the knot :D
They were both fortunate to own their own properties and decided to let one and move to the other.

After a little time has passed a reshuffle, they vacated one house then zipped of on honeymoon, only to return to find the house they intended to let had been squatted.
For the uninitiated this is when a burgler / thief gets into your home/ empty property when you are away and changes the locks, and claims squaters rights,
:( So it seems they are not only charletons but have rights too:(
Anyway some time has past again and they are still there 'Squatting'
Attempts to remove the vermin have floundered due to them being granted leagal aid to defend there right to stay in the house, and this position is currently ongoing.
So now we find the authorities paying our taxes protecting the people who pay none as these individuals are also unemployed and are not even residents of the U.K (well they are now)
So what was a fairy tale story for this couple has fast turned to a nightmare, although still very much in love they are suffering under the pressure
My opinion is, go round thier mob handed and just remove them in a firm and just manner. Or wait till they go out gain entry change the locks and claim squatters rights :D sorted save the taxpayer money as well:twisted: - the p
They don'y give a f*** about anybody but themselves so lets treat them the same
Another case of lets go to England they are soft touch, and get some free money as well free medical, dentist....
Its madness
gonzo
mzawfer
mzawfer

Have thanks: 6 times

Re: Squatters rights lol

Postby zuluhotel » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:04 pm

Madness I agree read another example here...
I was shocked to discover that squatting isn't against the law in the UK :?

Squatters who broke into and occupied a £1million house have been given hundreds of pounds of taxpayers’ money in legal aid to fight eviction. The intruders from France, Spain and Poland have been living in the three-story five-bedroom townhouse for a month.
Meanwhile, owner John Hamilton-Brown has been forced to rent a two-bedroom flat for his family while he battles to get the gang out of the house. Neighbours said the property had just been sold when the 12 squatters broke in during the early hours of the morning after a window was forced open. Since then there has been more damage and endless parties – several of which have culminated in the police being called.
Yesterday, some of the squatters danced, waved flags, sang and played the guitar outside the property. They also bragged about how easy Britain’s laws were in allowing them to take over homes. A French man who called himself Jean-Claude, said: ‘I came to England seven years ago because this is where the love is.
'We will speak to other people from all over the world to come here and live because it is so easy. Why can’t we live anywhere we want?’
A French girl with blond deadlocked hair added: ‘I love it here. We move around where we want and share our love. You should see the views in there – it’s amazing.’
Mr Hamilton-Brown, 36, applied to the county court last week to seek an interim possession order to enable him to claim the house back. He did not hire a solicitor because of the expense.
But when he arrived at Clerkenwell and Shoreditch County Court, in East London, he was amazed to find that two of the squatters had been granted legal aid and were represented by a duty solicitor. Because they were EU citizens and unemployed, they qualified for free legal representation. Mr Hamilton-Brown had already been to the court four times since his home was invaded on January 21.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1F552WWJS
zuluhotel
mzawfer
mzawfer

Have thanks: 13 times

Re: Squatters rights lol

Postby gonzo » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:41 pm

If squatting is not against the law is it then legal? :D
gonzo
mzawfer
mzawfer

Have thanks: 6 times

technology

Postby brillo » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:34 am

Hello,
It wasn't that long ago that I was wowed by being able to take pictures and movies on my mobile. :D
I have just read about the latest application for the iphone and its cool.
Lets say I'm in a foreign country, in a cafe looking at a menu in the native language, this latest app allows thew user to point the camera at the menu, then hey presto just like magic you see a translation of the menu in your chosen language.
Sounds great dosn't it but at this time only Spanish/English -English/Spanish are available but other translations are on the way.
Its only compatable with iPhone, Android,Blackberry.
Its about time I upgraded my old sony phone , the arial is broken n e way :lol:
brillo
mzawfer
mzawfer

Have thanks: 155 times

PreviousNext

Return to >>>A day in a life !