mzawf.org • View topic - just my opinion - shit happens...+postreply :))
Login

• Advertisement

just my opinion - shit happens...+postreply :))

Founded 5th century
Borough status 1974

"I Grow and I Rejoice"
  • Author

Postby brillo » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:48 pm

:myopinion :shithappens
:mz

For this message the author brillo has received thanks: 2
dub, mzawf
brillo
mzawfer
mzawfer

Have thanks: 155 times

Advertisement

Have yuor say HERE...+postreply :))

Postby smug » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:52 pm

Quoted From
[b]“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.”[/b]
:scratc :scratch :indifferent
smug

Postby wired » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:36 pm

:therethere QUE?

For this message the author wired has received thanks: 2
dub, mzawf
wired
Tech
Tech

Have thanks: 52 times

Postby donna » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:04 pm

I have been following (much against my better judgement, do not normally entertain the Murdoch`s) Sky News and their coverage of the destruction of ocean life as a direct result of plastic waste. it covered many, many reasons for this modern catastrophe, the biggest being the transportation of plastic waste, that we as a country, think we are carefully, washing, classifying and then "recycling". It turns out that a fair few councils take your recycled waste, throwing it all together, loading it in massive shipping containers and shipping it off to, for example, China. The problem is that China no longer wants it and mountain upon mountain are just dumped. Not only does this make fools of those of us that have been frantically trying to recycle anything that doesnt move so as to feel we maybe helping toward the plastic problem, but also, we get to watch the awful loss of sealife and then for good measure we are told it is ending up in the food chain, and on our dinner plates.
The councils who are, or who have, been using this practice should be "named and shamed", and we as a country should be horrified, I know I am, its just got to be sorted out before it really is too late.
grrr.gif grrr.gif grrr.gif :myopinion :myopinion grrr.gif grrr.gif grrr.gif :mz

For this message the author donna has received thanks: 2
dub, mzawf
donna
Support
Support

Have thanks: 158 times

Postby donna » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:51 pm

:mz :mz :mz
By the way, I am really into a good rant, this space is perfect for me. Following my previous rant on the global problem of plastic, waste which needs a global reaction. gIt got me thinking about how we are not actually, doing everything we can, My own personal pet hate is littering. littering and ocean dumps of plastic are intrinsically linked. Have you ever sat on a beach and watched huge family groups, pick up their towels, their chairs, their tents and every other beach gizmo going, carefully looking around to make sure they didnt leave anything behind belonging to them, only to leave a mini landfill full of their shit. not once did they think that their shit actually belonged to them.
I watched a white van man (not saying all of them do this) empty half a dozen polystyrene boxes, chips, he didnt want and brown bags straight onto the side of the pavement, he then went back to his van, collected a whole load more junk, including the contents of his ashtray, and then threw them besides the rest. He was asked whether he lived in our street, to which he replied "dont be stupid, i wouldnt be doing it if i did". straight away you got the message not to push him any further.
This subject makes me so angry, i may have to come up for air, lol.

:hissyfit :hissyfit :hissyfit :mz :hissyfit :hissyfit :hissyfit

dub, mzawf
donna
Support
Support

Postby donna » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:53 pm

grrr.gif grrr.gif :myopinion grrr.gif grrr.gif

This really is right up there in my top ten of pet hates, spitting, when did this become socially acceptable. I am sick to death of people spitting just inches away from me, acting like they have done nothing wrong. Im not being drawn into the nonsense as to whether this is just a youth problem, a cultural problem or just another example of the break down of what is right and what is wrong. This might be a bit "out there", but I have no problem telling kids and young men, whose culture clearly does not find this acceptable, what i think, but when it comes to those who culture do not find this offensive, I hesitate due to the sensitivity of the subject. Im not offering a solution to this disgusting habit but I appreciate the fact that spitting is a possible route for the spreading of disease, some of which were wiped out in this country, its a slippery road to no where if we do not go back to basics and remind everyone that this practice is plain vile and needs to stop.

:myopinion :myopinion :myopinion

dub, mzawf
donna
Support
Support

Caring Local Council.

Postby Smartarse » Tue May 29, 2018 11:02 am

The green space outside of our, and our neighbours homes in our small Court has become overgrown and my better half informed that it's the local authorities latest green approach. Along with the knee high grass intermingled with wild flowers and buttercups, I was in agreement that this new policy was good idea. All the little creepy Crawly things, toads, frogs, hedgehogs and such, who have moved in to to this wonderful haven :) Today I was woken at precisely one minute past 9am (the customary time it's deemed exeptable by the council hired local firms to plug in the pneumatic drill or a start major renovation to the interior of one of the homes). Which sounded like a swarm of killer African bees descending on our normally quite and sublime cul de sac. On looking out of the window I saw a group of individuals dressed as terminators waving their highly powered turbo charged sticks about, cutting the newly grown haven. My heart went out to the the little critters who had set up home in the newly grown paradise. Whilst my sleep had been disrupted by the onslaught, it was nothing compared to the thought that the little critters residing in this veritable oasis of greenery are likely now all turned to mush :( Never mind that's progress for you. The maelstrom has stopped for now as it's started to rain and my wife informs that one of strimmer's has a doctors appointment to attend ( unrelated comment) allowing the survivors to escape and the unlucky victims to be washed into the drains. I think it would be more humane to use a similar system they employ in the grouse hunting season which would be to send ahead a party of beaters with sticks and give the little critters a chance to escape. some hope at least for some jobless person who can wield a stick to get meaningful employment. But with peace and tranquility having now returned :-D I'll leave that for another day.
Smartarse

Next

Return to CRAWLEY