• Advertisement

Bollards

Founded 5th century
Borough status 1974

"I Grow and I Rejoice"
  • Author
Bollards

Postby smug » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:55 pm

22 weeks of daytime hassle & possibly nighttime as well best avoid (difficult) these pics were taken on a Saturday and not a workman or dumper or digger on the move but bollards galore!
Squeezing the Quid allow the Bollard deployment/realignment team to do there job! It might be inconvenient and costly "that we can agree upon"! No Work No Bollard policy!
cheale6.png
cheale.png
cheale2 - Copy.png
cheale5.png
Attachments
cheale3.png

For this message the author smug has received thanks: 3
dub, mzawf, Nevis
smug
Support
Support

Have thanks: 129 times
Highscores: 1

Advertisement

Bollards

Postby dbt » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:32 pm

recently drove through the area loads of cones a few trenches in the road not much else occurring I was late for an appointment best avoided
dbt

HWRS

Postby dbt » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:11 am

I promised my wife that at my next free moment that I would take to the Rubbish Tip all the crap we have accumulated in the cupboards and garden shed I got out the trusty van and brimmed it with an old ironing board, defunct TV , computer , BBQ assorted bits of wood and metal....and more stuff I brimmed the van until it was full and headed to the local tip (avoiding the cone nightmare at Cheals) on arriving at the tip which has been renamed Household Waste Recycling site (HWRS) It turns out that because I was driving a van I needed a permit to drop my waste off. my 1st thoughts were nice of CBC to notify residents of the new practice that came into force 01/10/18. With the prospect of going back home and leaving the rubbish in the van until I sorted a permit was at the least annoying. I was lucky that a very helpful site operative helped in that showed me how to register for a free permit via my mobile (it stated that I was required to print my permit, clearly I couldn't at that point) but was allowed to proceed on this occasion. More details can be found at http://www.westsussex.gov.uk/permitscheme.
Best visit the site before you head on out to the HWRS with your rubbish and check what vehicles are permitted cars are exempt any vehicles over 3 tonnes will be turned away !
dbt

Bollards

Postby dbt » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:09 pm

Great to see the bollards have been removed :clap at the Cheals Roundabout for the Christmas shut down of road work nice one [2thumbup.gif] have a great festive time [partyanimal.gif] [1-beer.gif]
dbt

Local Crime Scene

Postby smug » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:41 pm

Fly Tipping under investigation
flytip.png

:scratc The area being suitably & safely cordoned & as door to door enquiries continue a roundup of local snitches is underway [Panic_.gif]
Forensics deployed before any obvious evidence is Trashed :indifferent
Recently saw a couple of families out litter picking because they hated littering 'power to the elbow'
Respect to you guys :thunbsup
More boots on the ground with cam technology and the will to enforce and hit the 'perps' where it hurts :punch In the Pocket :hissyfit
Maybe education is key? But this fly tipping 'perp' is defo old enough to drink or more or some old geezer ur still the 'perp :firey :punch
Guess Guessy :scratch :rotfl
get akin life u drop SSSSSSSSSSSSSS
boom"!
:blowup

For this message the author smug has received thanks: 2
dub, mzawf
smug
Support
Support

Have thanks: 129 times
Highscores: 1

Bollards

Postby dbt » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:08 pm

CHEALS Roundabout
Avoid the area mainly at peak times
traffic congestion :hissyfit cones redeployed roadworks have commenced plus the older system of traffic heading north having right of away seems at this time NOT the case :indifferent be aware and give way to the right "google" At some roundabouts one traffic lane might be allowed low free; whereas no road marking) :scratch there should be signs making this clear to motorists . approach with care stay safe :getsmiley
dbt

Bollards again!

Postby dbt » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:38 pm

More road disruption at the Cheals Roundabout, the finished road upgrade was nice, all being less than 6 Months past,
Again[attachment=2]200.png[/attachment]
[surrender.gif] [attachment=1]2001.png[/attachment]

WITH MORE Delays TO FOLLOW again Duh! :shock:
[attachment=0]2002.png[/attachment]
Attachments
200.png
2001.png
2002.png
dbt

Next

Return to CRAWLEY