• Advertisement

Crawley vs Wimbledon

Founded 5th century
Borough status 1974

"I Grow and I Rejoice"
  • Author
Re: Crawley Town!

Postby dub » Tue May 10, 2011 7:34 pm

So it looks good then hmmm :? Whats the best outcome next season then? maybe leap a whole division :P
dub
Admin
Admin

Have thanks: 409 times
Highscores: 1

Advertisement

Postby steveizy » Tue May 10, 2011 7:42 pm

dub wrote:So it looks good then hmmm :? Whats the best outcome next season then? maybe leap a whole division :P

That is indeed the plan :D The bookies have them as favourites at something like 5:1 to win league 2 next season! Pressure or what!
steveizy
Support
Support

Have thanks: 482 times
Highscores: 2

Postby brillo » Tue May 10, 2011 7:51 pm

If Crawley play man u in a freindly then I want a ticket
brillo
mzawfer
mzawfer

Have thanks: 155 times

Postby steveizy » Tue May 10, 2011 8:10 pm

brillo wrote:If Crawley play man u in a freindly then I want a ticket

So do I ;) It will be a sell-out. I hope I'm a season ticket holder before then as tickets will be rationed. Otherwise it will be a case of going to The Broadfield the morning tickets go on general sale...
steveizy
Support
Support

Come on u Reds

Postby gooner » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:51 am

True to form the :reddevils
:crawleyscarf an exciting season ahead the future is bright and its gonna b red
ctfc.png
ctfc.png (114.44 KiB) Viewed 6213 times

come on u reds :mexican
gooner
Admin
Admin

Have thanks: 281 times

Re: Come on u Reds

Postby steveizy » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:15 pm

gooner wrote:True to form the :reddevils
:crawleyscarf an exciting season ahead the future is bright and its gonna b red
ctfc.png

come on u reds :mexican

Great result :banana but somewhat expected as this was a Chelsea eleven of youth team standard.

I did not go to the match, nor did a substantial group of Crawley supporters due to the match being priced at £14, the same price as league games :banghead

Hope to be at the friendly against Crystal Palace on Friday. CP have promised us a proper strength side so that should be a bit more interesting :scarf

Will report on the game and the new season in League 2. Not too long to wait now :blob8
steveizy
Support
Support

Pre-Season Friendlies

Postby steveizy » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:52 pm

Crawley have scored 17 goals and let in 3 in their four matches so far. A pretty good start :-D

The Chelsea eleven were the first victims. Crawley 6 Chelsea XI 1, this was really the Chelsea youth and reserve team.

Then on Tuesday, the squad was split in half for away matches at Bognor Regis Town and East Grinstead Town.

Bognor Regis Town 1 Crawley Town 3 :thumbsup
East Grinstead Town 1 Crawley Town 8 :lol:

Obviously, it is important not to read too much into these results against lesser opposition but good results nonetheless.

Last night (Fri) we played Championship club Crystal Palace and I went along with Carol for our first game of the friendlies.

Crawley 0 Crystal Palace 0 :applause

Despite the lack of goals, this was a very entertaining match played between two sides who were equal on the day. The gulf of two divisions between the clubs was not at all apparent. In fact, in my slightly biased eyes, Crawley were the better team for most of the match.

Nice to see some of the new signings in action gelling into the team and working very hard. No complaints there. Also very impressed by a young trialist Shane O’Connor who played most of the first half before being replaced by Tubbs. The lad was fit and fast and industrious and came close to scoring. I hope Steve Evans gives the lad a contract.

The crowd of 2,109 was a bit disappointing as were the burgers but the weather was glorious for a change this summer.

An enjoyable evening out.... can't wait for Tuesday when we play Peterborough for another real test. Then on Friday when we host AFC Plastic Wimbledon in our (and their) first foray into the Carling Cup! The winner will face Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park in the next round.

I shall be at both these matches and will report back :yes

COME ON YOU REDS :crawleyscarf
steveizy
Support
Support

PreviousNext

Return to CRAWLEY