Login

• Advertisement

Pat Ritter. Books

An extraordinary writer
:read ENJOY READING THE PAGE PER DAY

• Author
Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:37 pm

Would you believe the horse wins and Detective Supertendent Emerson wins twelve hundred dollars. She is estatic and tells Bundy he can call her Kate. They had a wonderful meal. The ice has melted.

On the way out Bundy meets his old friends and they are invited to join them at the table. After the proper introduction Bundy shares with friends the investigation they're doing. Kate hands her business card and asked each one to contact her if they hear anything.

I've almost completed Chapter 3. Bundy is sniffing out the truth of the missing boy and begins a journey of his lifetime. It's a mystery how this lad went missing. His nose is to the ground. It's the old Bundy determined to revert to his old ways of investigation to the days when he was a detective.

Wait until tomorrow and find out how he's going to do this.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 3
dub, goodtimesdisco, Nevis
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Have thanks: 1891 times

Advertisement

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:50 pm

Chapter 3 is complete. After introducing Kate to his friends in harness racing, Kate discovers a totally different way of life she'd never experienced. She can't wait to return to the track. Their relationship has improved out of sight.

Bundy studies the USB downloaded by Kate from the police computer of the investigation for the past eight years. He discovered nothing that jumped out at him. He decides to start the investigation again from the beginning.

He asked Kate to contact the missing child's mother so he can meet her and get a feeling for the area he went missing. Kate makes contact with the child's mother and makes an appointment to met at her home.

Bundy's not certain what will come from their visit but he wants to get it clear in his mind more details. He shares with Kate a saying from his ole mate Quincy Simpson who was the forensic scientist who helped Bundy while he was a detective, álways look within one hundred metres from where the crime was committed to find the culprit.' These words burned into his brain.

You'll need to wait until tomorrow to find out what happens. I haven't written this part yet but chapter four is starting to sound okay.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 3
dub, goodtimesdisco, Nevis
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:15 am

Yesterday I attended my weekly writers group. Homework the previous week was titled 'The Proposition'. I wrote a short story on the introduction of this book. After I read it to the other members a thought sprung into my mind on the title.

At that moment I decided to name this book 'The Proposition'. I like it - it sounds great and it was a proposition. Now on with the story. I have a number of ideas floating around in my mind.

Chapter 4 will highlight the interview with the missing child's mother, highlighting the death of the child's father only a couple of years back and more important the area surrounding where the child went missing. Today is going to be one of those 'let's wait and see what comes out of the mind' days.

Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be able to share more detail with you. Actually I'm presently at the fork of a road wondering which road to take. I think whichever one I decide should be good reading. Let's wait and see what happens.
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:21 pm

I don't know about you but at times there must be a greater force out there to guide us to our destinations. I love writing this book. This morning I received an acceptance from a friend from America and she told me how pleased she was to accept.

She writes and publishes and has a website on child sexual abuse. Where do you think my story is heading. In that direction. On with the story. Chapter 4 will show how Bundy has broken down the barriers between he and Kate and now they have respect for each other as well as compassion and are a team of two working toward the same goal.

It's surprising where this story is going. They journey together to the missing child's parent's home and discover his mother hasn't changed his bedroom from the day he dissappeared. She is holy devoted in religion and knows her son will be found either dead or alive.

You'll need to wait until tomorrow to find out how my thoughts are going in which direction.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 2
dub, goodtimesdisco
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby goodtimesdisco » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:29 am

whooa heavy subject dude :firey

For this message the author goodtimesdisco has received thanks: 3
dub, Nevis, steveizy
goodtimesdisco
mzawfer
mzawfer

Have thanks: 104 times

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:11 am

Would you believe I dreamt about this book last night. In my dreams the story unfolded of working with Detective Superintendent Emerson and visiting the home of the missing child's mother. I mentioned it in yesterday's section.

I couldn't believe it - am I going mad? Not likely, when I've been engrossed in other things in my life, I have dreamed about the issues and came up with a solution. Over the past couple of days my decision making process has been at odds with where to go to from here (Chapter 4).

This dream made up my mind. I can't wait to write Chapter 4 today and over the weekend to see where the story leads. You would be aware by now I don't make a plan for my writing. I write to see where it goes and what happens to the characters. I try to be logical and uppermost in my mind to keep it factual. Many times I've written actual cases I've personally investigated and in hindsight knew the outcome.

So let's see where this one is going. Thank you all for your continued interest. I enjoy bringing you my latest writings and share my thoughts.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks:
dub
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:22 pm

I have a confession to make. Yesterday I didn't write chapter 4 as I promised I would and I feel guilty. There is no excuse. Instead I mowed the lawn and lucky I did because after the rain we've had, the grass was longer than usual - instead of cut 2 on the mower I needed to cut 3 and go over it again at 2. This afternoon if it doesn't rain I've got the second half to do.

Anyway it must have been an omen to mow because last night my dreams took me on a different trail. You may think I'm going off the deep end sharing these dreams with you but honestly I have no control of them. They're great dreams and I feel alive.

Writing the story is easier than I've done before with other novels. Anyway, I've always been intrigued about DNA. When I was a detective DNA was only seen in the movies. All we had to go by was hair particles; saliva; fluids and blood, if we'd had DNA well - it would've been a different story.

I've always been fasincated with DNA and would love to research the field more deeply but at this stage would love to study the connection if DNA has a behaviour (habit) pattern connected to it. I don't know about you but as an investigator it would've been great to know the DNA of a person to identify similiar habits formed from relatives.

Anyway, that's enough for today. I've got to finish chapter 4 today. My mind is made up.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 2
dub, Nevis
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

PreviousNext

Return to The Author, Pat Ritter