• Advertisement

Pat Ritter. Books

An extraordinary writer
:read ENJOY READING THE PAGE PER DAY

• Author
Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:47 pm

The Year That Never Was' - Page 95:
'Lieutenant Campbell. Like Captain Gibson, I thank you on behalf of Australia for representing our country in the fight in South Africa.' Billy stood to attention saluting his Prime Minister.
'May we celebrate the safe return of these gallant Australian soldiers. Please everyone take your places at the banquet tables.' Joseph instructed everyone. Seated beside Martha, Julia Griffiths.
'Wonder if we'll be eating goanna for our meal tonight?' Julia asked her friend Martha.
'I wish. You'd love the taste. The manner in which to cook the goanna on a open fire.' Martha answered.
Everyone enjoyed their meal afterwhich The Honourable Joseph Ryan, Esquire, MLA made an announcement.
'Thank you all for your attendance. Once you've completed your meal I have a surprise in the Ballroom. Would you please gather for this surprise.' Joseph finished.
The Ballroom, size of Joe and Hannah's home at 'Tilbaroo Station'. Seating arranged in rows. At the front a stage a piano to the side. Curtains hung from ceiling to floor.
The Honourable Joseph Ryan, Esquire, MLA took his place at the centre of the stage after everyone seated.
'I call on Our Prime Minister, Sir Edmund Barton to join me on the stage please.' Joseph instructed.
Sir Edmund Barton walked to join Joseph on the stage.
'I call on Captain Joseph Gibson and Lieutenant William Campbell to also join us on the stage.' Joseph instructed.
When all four people were on stage, Sir Edmund Barton walked to front of Captain Gibson who stood at attention. Sir Edmund Barton removed a medal of honour from his pocket.
'Captain Gibson. On behalf of Australian people I have the honour to present you with 'The Medal of Honour' for distinguished service in the face of enemy in South Africa. Sir Edmund Barton pinned the medal onto the pocket of Captain Gibson's uniform. Captain Gibson stood to attention, saluted his Prime Minister.
Sir Edmund Barton moved in front of Lieutenant William Campbell, produced a similar medal attached the medal to the pocket of Lieutenant Campbell's uniform. Lieutenant Campbell stood at attention saluting his Prime Minister.
'Would you now return to your seats. I have a special guest to introduce.' All three returned to their seats. Hannah hugged both Joe and Billy. Many shook their hands.
TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK CLICK ONTO THIS LINK: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/758644.
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Have thanks: 1855 times

Advertisement

Postby patritter » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:55 pm

'The Year That Never Was' - Page 96:
'Mr Prime Minister, Lady Prime Minister, distinguished guests, fellow Australians. I have the honour to introduce you to a young lady who has performed in cities of Paris, London and throughout Europe. She will perform a song she wrote to show her love for Australia. Please let me introduce Evie Pikler who will perform her song 'Australia Calls Me Home'.
Lights faded within the ballroom. A spotlight highlighted a female figure dressed in a long purple dress, her hair shined. From the moment her voice reached each person of the audience all attention went to this golden voice echoing in their ears. Words of joy spread from Evie's voice circulating amongst her audience. By the end of the song everyone stood as one, clapping, roaring for more, many joined Evie in singing the chorus of the song.
Australia calls us home
From around the world
Each of us came
Within our hearts our love is the same
Within our souls an endless flame
We are Australia, Australia's our name
We are Australia, Australians are we
We are an island, the sky and the sea
Ancient land, a welcome country
We are the mountains, the rivers and plains
We are the forests in sunshine and rain
We are the centre of every hue
Within the spirit of Uluru
Every path through time and space
Leads one to a sacred place
Where all hearts and souls embrace
Australia calls home the human race
We are koala and kangaroo
We are goanna and we are emu
We are the stars in the Milky Way
Dreaming spirit hear us say
I am Australia, Australia are we
Prime Minister Sir Edmund Barton stood applauding this performer as well as the performance. Sir Samuel Griffiths leaned across to Nat Young who stood beside him. 'I now wish we included Indigenous Peoples into 'The Constitution'. At this moment my wish is: This Is The Year That Never Was!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
The Year That Never Was is Pat's twenty-first book. Click onto his website www.patritter.com.au to view all his work. Pat has been writing and publishing books since 1988. Whilst you're checking out his website why not register your name and e-mail address onto the website. Each Friday Pat publishes an Update News for all these members.
Pat would love to receive your feedback. Reply through any of the icons on the bottom of his website.
Happy reading.
THIS IS THE FINAL PAGE OF THIS BOOK: THANK YOU ALL FOR READING MY DAILY POST PLUS YOUR COMMENTS. NEW BOOK TOMORROW.
TO LISTEN TO EVIE SING THIS DELIGHTFUL SONG CLICK ONTO THIS LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5T6OspSrvY. A DELIGHT TO LISTEN TO.
MOST IMPORTANT MESSAGE: IF YOU HAVE ENJOYED THIS BOOK CLICK ONTO THIS LINK: https://www.amazon.com/…/dp/B077CV8CTX/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0… TO LEAVE A REVIEW.
TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK CLICK ONTO THIS LINK: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/758644.
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby patritter » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:49 pm

'Greatest OMR Stories' - Page 1:

GREATEST STORIES
OMR
(One Minute Reads)
By
Pat Ritter
© Copyright Pat Ritter - 2017
Published by Pat Ritter.
Smashwords
This ebook is licensed for your personal enjoyment only. This ebook may not be re-sold or given away to other people. If you would like to share this book with another person, please purchase an additional copy for each recipient. If you’re reading this book and did not purchase it, or it was not purchased for your use only, then please purchase your own copy. Thank you for respecting the hard work of this author.
Each week in 2017 I attended the Pomona Writers Group. The facilitator asked us to write a story about a topic he chose. These stories less than 500 words are OMR (One Minute Read). I hope you enjoy reading each one.
I want to express my gratitude to Melissa Smith. Thank you for doing a great job of the cover. If you want Melissa to create your next cover, I highly recommend you do.
If you have enjoyed reading this book, or if you haven’t enjoyed it, still let me know. I would love to receive your feedback. You can contact me on my e-mail: I’d love to receive your feedback.
Pat Ritter - Author/Self Publisher.

Five Ways To Carry A Goat

I'm a member of The United Grand Lodge of Ancient Free and Accepted Masons of Queensland. Commonly named Masons. This personal journey commenced in 1972 beginning at my Mother Lodge Stanthorpe.
Much confusion over the years have been cast on Masonry. Like for instance: how many goats do they ride at their meetings. Another common misbelief: what do the Mason do with droppings from the goats? A common reply: bore a hole through the centre of each pellet, feed onto a string to sell as Rosary Beads. I've lived through humiliation of others who didn't understand the craft of being a Mason.
My initial introduction into Masonry came when a friend asked if I wanted to join a special brotherhood of men. This event happened in 1972 at Stanthorpe. Within hours of agreeing to this proposal I couldn't believe the number of others who congratulated me on taking my first step in Masonry. People I never would've realised belonged to the brotherhood.
Masonry is a craft which is centuries old beginning before the birth of Christ. These early learnings have progressed through the times to build a brotherhood amongst men. My story commenced at Stanthorpe being my Mother Lodge. Over a period of three years I commenced as an Entered Apprentice to eventually become a Master Mason after three stages of degrees.
Like anything in life are critics. Many critics show their ignorance when their knowledge about a subject is guesswork. Being a Mason I hold proud in myself. Over the years since becoming a Mason I've received untold criticism about the movement of Masonry. For instance: five ways to carry a goat. No mention of goats is mentioned in our scriptures.
Over the period I've been a Mason many changes have happened in my life, especially enjoying brotherhood of trusted individuals. Being a police officer, I affiliated with the Police Lodge named Vigilance Lodge which met monthly at their Masonic Hall, Petrie Terrace, Brisbane. I worked through the various ranks to become Worshipful Master of the Lodge.
One of my greatest achievements whilst in this position to officially open Grand Lodge in Ann Street, Brisbane assisting The Grand Master. To sit in the Masters Chair in Grand Lodge of Queensland became a pinnacle of my masonic career. I'd reached the peak of Mount Everest in masonry.
Not being outdone; my wife and I joined The Order Of The Eastern Star to enjoy a combined partnership into Masonry. My daughter joined Jobs Daughters an affiliate of Masonry. With all this in place we became a family in Masonry.
My daughter reached the heights of Honoured Queen whilst I assisted being the Bethel Guardian. My wife and I stood beside our daughter in helping her through this period of her life. Jobs Daughters being an Order for daughters of Masons to participate in the learning of Job through his struggles in life.
Five ways to carry a goat certainly doesn't relate to Masonry or other affiliates of Masonry.
Word count: 506
TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK: CLICK HERE: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/766429.
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby patritter » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:55 pm

'Greatest OMR Stories' - Page 2:

Fear Of Nuts

Colloquialism for the word 'Nuts' in Australian language has several meanings. One of which is 'you've gone nuts' meaning 'off your head'. Fear of nuts certainly falls into this meaning. When I served as a police officer, particularly on full moon each month 'Fear of nuts' came to the fore. Rays from the moon beamed from certain people's heads to force uncontrollable behaviours.
One memory of a detective; we'll name Detective Brown, investigated the murder of a property owner near Roma on Christmas Day. Son of the property owner had been released from a mental institution for Christmas break. Investigating the murder Detective Brown discovered a bullet hole in the back of the property owner's skull. His son admitted shooting his father because God told him.
In this investigation if a person hasn't the ability to understand at the time to know right from wrong; he was presumed innocent. 'Not guilty' of the act of murder. Detective Brown interviewed the son about the shooting of his father. The son answered all Detective Brown's questions with honesty, even showing him where his father sat in the lounge chair, how he pointed the barrel of the gun to his father’s skull and pulled the trigger.
When asked by Detective Brown why he killed his father, his answer, 'God told me to.'
Detective Brown asked a further question, 'if a policeman was standing beside you at the time, would you have shot your father?'
Offender replied, 'No.'
Detective Brown asked, 'Why?'
Offender replied, 'Because it is wrong to shoot a person in the presence of a policeman.'
This line of questioning proved beyond any reasonable doubt to Detective Brown the offender totally understood at the time of shooting his father he understood completely what he was doing. Therefore, his defence of insanity wouldn't be available to prove his innocence.
Detective Brown went on to investigate many other similar investigations throughout his career. His reputation expanded throughout the service causing him acclaim for his understanding of the law in respect to insanity.
For too long before Detective Brown used this portion of questioning to elicit wrong from right in the mind of the offender at the time, many 'Nuts' escaped punishment. No need to have 'Fear of Nuts' from the time Detective Brown introduced this line of questioning.
Word count: 394
TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK: CLICK HERE: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/766429.
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby patritter » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:29 pm

'Greatest OMR Stories' - Page 3:

Europe On 72 Euro A Day

Walking past the travel agency in Gympie a huge poster with the words Europe On 72 Euro A Day flashed out to me. I stopped. Quickly my mind worked through the money converting 72 euro a day telling me around one hundred dollars in our money. I'd never been to Europe. Seen plenty of Europe on television and movies.
My mind adjusted to a trip I recently ventured to the township of 1770. Boarding a LARK, which is not a DUCK, with fellow passengers we drove across sand, beaches through creeks to finally stop at Bustard Heads Lighthouse.
Township of 1770 named after explorer James Cook who in 1770 stopped in search of water and food for his crew while exploring eastern seaboard of Australia. With his off-sider Joseph Banks they ventured inland to discover a huge bird named Bustard which they recognized from their homeland. Banks shot the bird much larger than a bush turkey commonly found in the region. At the same time a bird's laugh stopped both men in their tracks.
Banks stopped to look at this strange bird which made a sound like laughter. 'I'm going to call this bird Bankaburra.' Said Banks.
'No, you're not. I sighted the bird first. We'll call the bird a Cookaburra.' Demanded Cook. That's how our Kookaburra came to be.
Visiting Bustard Heads Lighthouse, we discovered this lighthouse built in England around 1860 delivered to township of 1770 carried pallet by pallet from the township to Bustard Heads where reassembled to its present glory.
History tells us the first Lighthouse Keeper raised his family working at the lighthouse for the next thirty-eight years. Regularly a new Light housekeeper replaced another until the lighthouse keeper weren't required any further.
One of the lighthouse keeper’s residence had been turned into a museum displaying history of Bustard Heads Lighthouse, residents, families plus history from the first Lighthouse Keeper to the final one. Nowadays volunteers live at the lighthouse for one month at a time learning the lifestyle of a lighthouse keeper.
Of the many functions of each volunteer; they convey the history to visitors telling stories of the lighthouse. We visited the local cemetery viewing lost people who lived and died at Bustard Heads Lighthouse reaching back to the original family in the 1800's.
By the time I reached the barber shop to have a haircut my mind reflected on Europe On 72 Euro A Day to decide I'm not ready to discover Europe for any amount of money. Too much of Australia to discover on our money.
Word count: 433
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby patritter » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:11 pm

'Greatest OMR Stories' - Page 4:

Don't Stop Me Now

When Noel gave us this topic, my mind went directly to a song Elvis Presley sang 'Don't Stop Me Now.' Elvis's voice echoed in my mind listening to the words. Or I might be wrong about the title. May have been 'Don't Leave Me Now.' Anyway, whatever the song title Elvis Presley sang the song.
Growing up in the 50's Elvis Presley became 'King Of Rock & Roll'. I remember aged eight-year-old my mother taking me to the movie theatre at Roma for the movie 'Love Me Tender'. Being his first movie left an impression on an eight-year-old when he sang the title of the movie to his mother. If only I could've possessed a similar voice to Elvis to sing the same song to my mother.
Venturing into my teenage years Elvis Presley created more 'Rock & Roll' music plus acted in the many movies. Elvis never gave up instead changed his act to include a more mature kind of music. After acting in over thirty-six movies Elvis loved touring especially playing Las Vegas International Hotel.
His marriage to Pricilla Presley became the highlight of Elvis's life until the arrival of his only child Lisa Maree Presley, became the apple of his eye. Life went along smooth for Elvis until his desire to entertain his fans took over his life. His love of music grew wide throughout the world placing him 'King Of Rock & Roll'.
Unfortunately, his life with Pricilla ended in divorce. His music never stopped with nightly shows at Las Vegas International Hotel for his audience to enjoy. These shows kept Elvis alive until 1977 when he collapsed and passed away at his home in Graceland’s.
'Don't Leave Me Now' echoed throughout the many radio stations across the world. Fans gathered, most crying to witness the passing of an American Icon. No one believed Elvis was dead. Many have tried to swing their hips, sing songs like Elvis, no one can replace the 'King Of Rock & Roll'.
This year marks forty years since the death of Elvis Presley. Many sightings have been reported across the world. Elvis Presley is dead. His music never died with him. Even after forty years from his death Elvis's music lives on in the soul of his fans.
How can one individual after forty years since he left this world live on in his music. His music should be 'Don't Stop Me Now' which Elvis Presley has proven to the world he continues to sit on his throne as 'King Of Rock & Roll'.
Word count: 435
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby patritter » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:07 pm

'Greatest OMR Stories' - Page 5:

Do You Really Want To Be A Hundred?

In one answer, YES! With thirty-two years to reach this milestone imagine how many books I'd have written and published by the age I turn one hundred years old. Presently I have twenty books. Writing and publishing two books annually by the time I turn one hundred years old keeping up a similar pace as present, I'd eventually have written and published eighty-four books. This would be quite a milestone to reach.
Annually I write and publish One Minute Reads using the stories we write weekly at Pomona Writers Group into a book. Sitting here amongst you all writing the weekly topic Noel has given us. We'd be a jittery old crew at this stage. Perhaps by then we will be using our tablets or i-pads. Or, better still talk our stories to appear before a screen.
Technology being the way by use with i-phones, computers, tablets every other technical appliance available, writing may become a thing of the past. Let’s look back in the past thirty-two years to compare the future of writing.
In 1988; almost thirty-two years ago my first book took three years of hard work. Computers were only being introduced to the public with Commodore. More a word processing package rather than a computer. I remember after completing my shift from work at midnight arriving home to sit at the kitchen table writing on a A5 sheet of paper using a biro. By four o’clock in the morning I retired to bed. This practice went on for almost three years until the manuscript finished before publication.
Transferring the written word onto a computer, I needed to learn how to turn the computer on by using a boot disc, extract the disc, insert a word package disc, type like mad until the disc filled with the writing. Use another disc to fill. This is the manner in which I wrote my first book ‘Closing The Gap’.
After three years, a new word package arrived on the market – Word Perfect 4.1. Like driving a Ford Prefect motor vehicle suddenly driving a brand-new Holden Commodore V8. Change in computer software plus computers reached a new era.
To complete the first manuscript, I used an electric typewriter which at the time became the modern word processor. At least the manuscript looked something like a book, still with A5 size paper. After a couple, more years my manuscript was published by an independent publisher. At the time, ‘Closing The Gap’ safely held in my hand finished. Apart from the birth of my first child, became the highlight to my career as an author. You wouldn’t believe the adrenaline pumping through my veins almost gave me a heart attack.
Present day writing is easier for an author to write, publish, market, sell their books through the internet. All the technology one ever needs.
Do you really want to be a hundred? By all means!
Word count: 493
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

PreviousNext

Return to The Author, Pat Ritter