mzawf.org • View topic - Jack Hugill visits Barcelona
Login

• Advertisement

Jack Hugill visits Barcelona

Good Holiday Destinations!
:mz
Forum rules
Write about those good places you visited on holiday.
  • Author
Jack Hugill visits Barcelona

Postby mzawf » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:23 pm

Introduction
In late January, I travelled to Barcelona for a 3-night trip. Barcelona offers an extremely diverse culture from its stunning architecture through to its vibrant night life. Barcelona is the capital of Spain`s Catalonia region.
Barcelona Is an extremely large city which is split into several different areas so therefore effective planning is key to ensure you can see the most of Barcelona`s attractions during your visit.

Travelling to Barcelona with continuous flights from all major UK airports throughout virtually all times of the day, this is an extremely reachable city. Flights if pre- booked in advance can be found for around £60.00 return.

Travel within Barcelona
Barcelona offers an extremely accessible public transport system. The public transport offers very good value for money and all journey information is also communicated in English once on board.

You can take a public bus direct from the Airport which will take you right to the heart of the city within the Placa Catalunya district. This takes approximately 35 minutes and costs roughly £11.00 for a return journey.
There is also an extensive tram and bus network allowing you to connect to further intercity regions.

Safety and Security in Barcelona
Barcelona is reasonably safe. As with any other major city Barcelona does have its tourist scams. The biggest and most used scam is pick pocketers. This is particularly common within the Las Ramblas area. Tourists have reported being approached by strangers asking for directions or the time whist an accomplice takes personal property from the individual.

Places of Interest
During my trip I visited the Cathedral and the Camp Nou Football stadium.
Catedral DE Barcelona
The cathedral de Barcelona is one of the main attractions within Barcelona. This is one of the most famous cathedrals in the world due to its diverse history.
I went on the tour of the Cathedral. I pre-booked for 14 Euros. The entrance ticket gives you access to both the interior and exterior of the Cathedral for an unlimited amount of time.
cathdeBarcelona.png
Picture taken by Jack Hugill

Camp Nou stadium
The Camp Nou stadium is the world-famous home of FC Barcelona. With a seating capacity of 99.354 this is the largest stadium in Spain and Europe and the 2nd largest football association stadium in the world in terms of capacity.
campNou.png
source: google

I had the opportunity to go to the stadium to experience an actual game. This is an extremely good way to be able to experience local Barcelona Culture.

Accommodation
During my time in Barcelona I stayed in an Air BNB. I stayed within the Carrer de Muntaner. Carrer de Muntaner is in a relatively good location. It is not within the main centre of Barcelona however the main centre from Carrer de Muntaner can be reached easily by a 10-minute taxi journey.
Although not within the main Las Rambles district, Carrer de Muntaner offers a wide range of bars, restaurants and nightclubs. This is a traditionally local area so allowed me to experience how the locals live. If you are looking to come to Barcelona to experience a traditional Catalonian way of life then consider staying within the Carrer de Muntaner district as this offers an extremely traditional experience which you will not be able to experience in the likes of the Las Ramblas.
Jack Hugill

Last bumped by mzawf on Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:23 pm.

For this message the author mzawf has received thanks: 3
dub, mzawf, Nevis
mzawf
Admin
Admin

Have thanks: 515 times

Advertisement

Return to Holiday Favs