mzawf.org • View topic - Visit to Austria 2019
Login

• Advertisement

Visit to Austria 2019

Good Holiday Destinations!
:mz
Forum rules
Write about those good places you visited on holiday.
  • Author
Visit to Austria 2019

Postby ArthurBrown » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:22 pm

Visit to Austria (2019)
Aust20.jpg

My Austria is a breathtakingly beautiful country. The Alps make up 65% of the Austrian state territory 45% is covered in forest. In the summer the country is generally hot and in the winter the Alpine regions have a climate that is characterised by severe winters and cold. The land is blessed with lush alpine meadows
aust2.jpg
aust3.jpg
aust4.jpg
aust5.jpg
Aust9.jpg
Aust13.jpg

and many picturesque towns
aust1.jpg

one of my favourite holiday areas is the Austrian Lake District. Salzburg Lake district has many pristine lakes- St Gilgen- Wolfgangsee Lake is wonderful but there are many – Mountains and lakes work together to make a double enjoyable time.
Aust11.jpg
Aust14.jpg
Aust16.jpg
Aust21.jpg

Cable cars enable most mountains to be enjoyed and explored with relative ease.
aust6.jpg
aust7.jpg
aust8.jpg
Aust12.jpg

Last year I stayed in a ski village in the summer months, and the mountain tops take on a new majesty, where alpine meadows are home to miniature alpine flowers – and the views and refreshments facilities are second to none. The whole area is spectacular sparkling clean water and warmth and welcoming lakes help to keep the heat from being overwhelming. From Salzburg to upper Austria there are many wonderful lake choices to make – my favourites are Lake Wolfgang (Wolfgangsee), Attersee, Mondsee are all breathtaking and crystal clear. Gmunden is a town worth visiting and offers a gateway to this area. Travel is easy, clean and efficient trams, cars, buses, planes all affordable options. German is spoken by 98% of the population – and English is the most popular second language. Austrians are proud of their beautiful country and it is a lovely place to explore.
Aust17.jpg
Aust19.jpg
Cakes & coffee are excellent and beer and sausages and schnitzel all tasty food options. With most Lakes within an hour’s drive from Salzburg, or alternatively you can explore the history and culture of the more urban centres. Vienna, Graz, Linz, Innsbruck many attractions are available and I would suggest you make a visit yourself to see this joy of nature, as I am certain that you will always want to return. Please have a look at my holiday pictures as they show how much there is to see for everyone
Aust10.jpg
Aust18.jpg

Danke- Thank you
Arthur Brown

For this message the author ArthurBrown has received thanks: 2
dub, Nevis
ArthurBrown

Have thanks: 39 times

Advertisement

Return to Holiday Favs