mzawf.org • View topic - A weekend away..
Login

• Advertisement

A weekend away..

Good Holiday Destinations!
:mz
Forum rules
Write about those good places you visited on holiday.
  • Author
A weekend away..

Postby Amethyst » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:38 pm

When I was invited for a weekend away to Malta I was dubious.. how much can you really fit in to 3 day break with travelling as well?? Well I was pleasently surprised.

On a fogging Thursday morning we made our way to Gatwick and I had my first experience of flying on EasyJet...a massive queue to board but when I was actually on the plane I had plently of space and got to sit next to family.

After 2 hours on the flight I looked out the window and saw a rocky Island with huge cliffs and said to my sister 'I hope were not going there it looks rubbish!' we then quickly turned and started to decent towards this rocky island. :lol:

So by Thursday afternoon I had travelled to Malta, travelled across the island on a bus that should be in a car museum (they start some of them by letting them roll foward to kick start the engine) and made my way to a fab hotel in St.Georges Bay - and was now drinking a pino colada by the pool...I could get used to this :D

On Friday it was much of the same beach in the morning, and then pool in the afternoon followed by another lovely dinner. Then on the Saturday we braved another bus ride to the otherside of the Island to Golden Bay which was gorgeous, and consisted of yes more sunbathing, swimming in clear seas and a nice lunch with a pint of Cisk there local brew!

Now to some this may sound like I didn't fit much in to 3 days...yes I just relaxed, it was lovely and I fell in love with the dusty rocky Island of Malta. Great food and friendly people and for Sep/Oct a nice 26/27 degree temperature.

So if you need a new idea for a holiday destination dont over look Malta, its a lot better than it looks from the air!!
DSCF1026.jpg
DSCF1035.jpg
DSCF1062.jpg
A Picture of the sea view
DSCF1078.jpg

For this message the author Amethyst has received thanks: 2
brillo, Nevis
Amethyst

Have thanks: 96 times

Advertisement

Re: A weekend away..

Postby donna » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:53 am

Looks lovely what's the currency is it euros?

For this message the author donna has received thanks: 2
brillo, Nevis
donna
Support
Support

Have thanks: 158 times

Postby Amethyst » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:46 am

Yes sadly it is, and the exchange rate between sterling and the euro being poop, makes things more difficult.
Saying that, I must also add, we found Malta quite inexpensive, an all inclusive deal will help keep cost down to a minimum.

For this message the author Amethyst has received thanks: 2
brillo, Nevis
Amethyst

Have thanks: 96 times

Postby fisherman » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:55 pm

Following in the theme of weekends away and how expensive it can be to go abroad i have decided this year to explore our own country a bit more...

In february i will be taken the missus to the Cotsworld and staying in a lakeside lodge and hopefully squeeze in little fishing..

Here is a little taster of where we are going i will let you no all about it when we return
IMG_941102.jpg
IMG_941102.jpg (49.6 KiB) Viewed 3421 times

For this message the author fisherman has received thanks: 2
brillo, Nevis
fisherman

Have thanks: 5 times

Postby Nevis » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:00 pm

A four day, three night break to Malaga :thunbsup
Flights booked through Easy Jet one month in advance.
[align=justify]We caught the early morning flight and returned on the last p.m flight to maximise the length of our stay :glasses
Landing at Malaga Airport early in the morning and without having pre-booked any accommodation, we decided to take the local bus into Malaga Central.
From here, many other excellent resorts along the Costa Del Sol are easily accessible, either by bus, train or taxi, heading South will take you to the port town of Algercires, located some distance away in the Cadiz province of Andalusia, an enjoyable and leisurely bus ride away.
This will connect you to the sea crossing point to Tangier and Ceuta and many other destinations as well as giving close access to Gibraltar.
We arrived at Malaga Central around lunchtime, roughly a 45 minute bus ride from the airport. We set of to find a hotel, dragging our small wheelie suitcases behind (rucksacks would have been easier, pulling the bags around in the midday sun was a bit uncomfortable).
With plenty of hotels to choose from, and it being late March, we didn't experience any problem finding a room and opted for a four star hotel with views of the mountains that surround much of this area.
Plenty to enjoy vibrant street life with loads to see such as visit to Gibralfaro Castle high on a hill and Fort Malaga both a must do :yes Our visit to the van Goff museum was interesting having never experienced walking through a gallery where so many national treasure were on display there were guards everywhere.
Exploring the Malaga was great fun and the people friendly and helpful as well it's on our must go back again list :glasses :glasses
:thunbsup for Malaga
We invite you watch and enjoy our short videos:-D
Plus a selection of pictures of our trip ! click on a picture to enlarge and view in slide show mode
Happy Sunny Days
:mz

For for your pleasure a snippet of Traditional Espania 8-)
www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com
malaga 2010 053.JPG

malaga 2010 154.JPG
malaga 2010 079.JPG
malaga 2010 120.JPG

Street Entertainer
www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com
malaga 2010 059.JPG

malaga 2010 066.JPG
malaga 2010 070.JPG
malaga 2010 074.JPG

:glasses :glasses

Last bumped by Nevis on Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:00 pm.

For this message the author Nevis has received thanks: 2
brillo, dub
Nevis
Admin
Admin

Have thanks: 683 times
Highscores: 20

Return to Holiday Favs