• Advertisement

Crawley vs Wimbledon

Founded 5th century
Borough status 1974

"I Grow and I Rejoice"
  • Author
Re: Crawley Town!

Postby steveizy » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:33 am

The match with Derby County is now on 10 Jan, instead of the 8th.

Steve Evans has made national headlines after his views on Manchester City's "spendthrift" Sheikhs :lol:

See http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... unComments , including my comments to the bigots on there :roll:

http://www.crawleytownfc.com/newsdetails.php?ID=1767 .This "gaffe" was a brilliant way of getting Crawley Town into the national press, especially as the retraction is a somewhat half-hearted " politician's apology" :lol: - Wonderful, Excellent and Crafty. Tee Hee!
steveizy
Support
Support

Have thanks: 482 times
Highscores: 2

Advertisement

Postby steveizy » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:18 pm

Crawley Town 3 - Dartford 2 :) in the FA Trophy.

Phew, Dartford were 2 - 0 up at half-time, but Crawley came back in the second half and somehow did the business.

There must have been some serious talk in the Crawley changing-room at half-time :oops:

Still a great result for Crawley, who progress to the next round. Steve Evans (and me :D ) were right to consider Dartford a real threat.

COME ON YOU REDS :D
steveizy
Support
Support

Postby dub » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:42 am

Somewhat of an exciting match..
Crawley Town are rapidly becoming a force to be reckoned with.
to come back from 2 0 down is very impressive it's the stuff champions are made of !
Watch this space and COME ON YOU REDS
dub
Admin
Admin

Have thanks: 409 times
Highscores: 1

Postby steveizy » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:18 pm

OOPS :oops: :oops:

The result was a 3-3 draw, not 3-2 as I stated yesterday. I shall be a bit wary of http://www.flashscores.co.uk/ although they are not the only ones as the Sunday Express (printed) has it wrong too.

Anyway a draw is better than the defeat it could well have been and Crawley did well to salvage the match by the sounds of it. The replay is due to take place on Tuesday 14th December 2010, kick off at 7.45pm. http://www.crawleytownfc.com/newsdetails.phpt?ID=1772 has the story.
steveizy
Support
Support

Postby steveizy » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:32 pm

Sorry for the break, I have just been magically reconstituted from a lump of pink goo, santa-s-trip-from-an-engineer-s-perspective-t354.html

Unfortunately, Crawley narrowly lost the replay at Dartford. Dartford 1 - Crawley 0, so Crawley exit the The FA Trophy. I thought all along that Dartford would be tough opposition and this has proved to be true, alas.

This is really a "non-event" post since the league matches have all been postponed due to the weather and Crawley remain second, with a game in hand, in the Blue Sq.

Crawley are generously offering free admission to their game against Hayes & Yeading on Tuesday 28th December 2010 at The Broadfield, see http://www.crawleytownfc.com/newsdetails.php?ID=1788 for details. K.O. 3 pm. I think that this a nice gesture and I hope that it helps them build the fanbase :)

Then, in the new year, Crawley will play their biggest match ever. On Monday, 10th January 2011 they will face Derby County at The Broadfield in the next round of the FA Cup. Crawley will be trying to do a "Dartford" here and I think Crawley will pull this off.

Thanks for reading my ramblings this year, I have enjoyed rambling and I hope that we have more to celebrate/speculate in 2011.

Happy Christmas to all and, more importantly, COME ON YOU REDS :lol:
steveizy
Support
Support

Postby steveizy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:03 pm

YEEEEEESSS!

Crawley 2 - Derby 1 :) :D :shock: :lol: :P

I knew that they could do it - wow!
steveizy
Support
Support

Postby steveizy » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:05 pm

Crawley will play league two club Torquay away on Saturday 29th January. On paper this is an easier task than Derby, but Crawley will have to be careful not to slip up. If high flying Crawley do get promoted, they would be in League Two alongside mid-position Torquay next season so this is really a match of equals.

The fantastic run that Crawley has had in the FA Cup, has, no doubt, bolstered the club's finances and popularity, but their chief objective this season is to get promoted.

The bad weather, along with cancelled matches due to the FA Cup run threatens Crawley with a severe dose of "fixture indigestion" towards the end of the season, so it looks like Crawley will be very, very busy this year!

A nice problem to have, maybe!

COME ON YOU REDS :D
steveizy
Support
Support

PreviousNext

Return to CRAWLEY